Saturday, July 31, 2010

Logan's quilt

So a while back I showed you a peak at what fabric Derek's quilt had in it.
I will take a picture of it's competed goodness someday...

  Well-having finished D's, Logan has been wondering where his was.  So, poor me, I had to take him to the fabric store and he got to pick out his own fabric.  Here is what he picked:
I did influence his choices-but only towards the shades of colors that matched.  But I did give him the penguins.  That boy and penguins I tell ya.

I will be making a zig zag quilt for him using Crazy Mom Quilts (amandajean) tutorial found here
Off the top I already know I might have issues.
1) I am making at least a full size quilt so I just hope that I bought enough fabric :)
It would be just too bad if I had to go back!
2) I did not have a pattern picked out when I bought this fabric,
so I do not have 1 solid color to go with all the zigs
but a matching solid-ish color for all the prints...
I think I just have to sew a print to the next set's solid color.
Hm.  We'll see.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see it! I have only done a mini zig zag and really enjoyed putting it together, GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete

So~tell me what you think! I really want to know :)