Monday, July 12, 2010

Finishes and a little progress

Well, here is my pinwheel quilt-a-long TOP done.
For the life of me I could not find more of the same white that I used for the blocks
(I used the rest of the yardage for a gifted quilt...oops...)
so I had to find a replacement.
It is from the Blush line, so it matches...kinda.
But I am happy with it, and it's my quilt, so there :)
And (thanks to Kristine) I made mini-pinwheels in the sashing-Too cute!

And..another "finish"
back story- 3 years ago we took the numbers off of the house so that we could paint and replace them.
They were wood and had not weathered very well.
Last year I purchased new numbers
(our mailbox has the numbers on it, so we were not completely incognito!) And the hubs has been busy doing hubsy stuff so they were always left on the list...well, I crossed them off today!  WAHOO!
I still have a few places to touch up with paint to hide the holes
but hey-they're up :)

And, here is my progress on AmandaJean's Quilt-a-long #5
I am anxiously awaiting this weeks post!!

**excuse the waves...it's not pressed and the ceiling fan is on**

So...stripes...I know that I promised an update~
the day is young :) 
(which means that I have a bit more to accomplish and will post later)

Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I love your pinwheel sampler! It looks awesome and the mini's really complete it!!! I did not do amandajeans's QAL....I wish I had...maybe this fall I will!

    ReplyDelete

So~tell me what you think! I really want to know :)