Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring wreath!

OK, so I have seen a few wreath's online similar to this one.  There was one that used whiteclothes line. Cute!  So here is my version.  Totally on the cheap.  The YARN was the most expensive at $2.49.  And there is enough of it to make several more!  The styro circle could have been purchased at Joann's for $5!! WHAT!  And the wired ribbon could have been pretty pricey too.  Don't even get me started on the silk flowers. Whoa.

The real WHOA is that everything but the yarn was purchased
AT THE DOLLAR TREE!  WAHOO!

I don't think it could get any better than that :)

I just tied the end of the yarn around the circle and wrapped.  and wrapped. and. wrapped.  You get the idea.  D helped a little but quickly bored.  I tightened the yarn as I went because I am wound a little tight so everything I make is too :P  I am sure it would have gone a lot faster and still look extra cute if the yarn had a little breathing room.  Then I hot glued the petals on then the sunflowers.

The ribbon was the most difficult:  bow, no bow?  Then I just could not figure out what to do with it if there was no bow (I blame the late nights...) so, bow it is.

Can't wait for Easter-maybe I will do one with colorful eggs :)  The possiblites really are endless & easy!!

Have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So~tell me what you think! I really want to know :)